friends died in souped-up car that filled with lethal gas from modifications - what is the best car alarm
Two young friends were poisoned in a "taste change" incident.
Due to the modification of the vehicle, Up' car.
Tom Putt, 20, and Nikki Willis, 23, were both found dead at the Ford Fiesta in last December, known as a tragic accident.
Yesterday's investigation heard about the car.
Engineering apprentice van Tom made a series of modifications to his car to improve its performance.
He has removed the catalytic converter from the exhaust and cut off the vents on his car hood.
However, the investigation has heard that the gap between the exhaust and the engine means that deadly smoke is sucked into the car through the fresh air intake.
The hearing at Chelmsford, Essex, was told that later tests showed that carbon monoxide levels in the car were 1,000 times higher than the safety limit.
Detective Robert Kirby, who investigated the tragedy, said: "a series of unique events brought together to make this tragedy happen.
A gap in the exhaust system, where the exhaust meets the engine, allows smoke to escape.
The situation is more complicated because the catalytic converter of the car is removed (
Harmful emissions are usually dissipated).
The vents under the windshield wiper are then-
Drain from the gap in the hood.
Residents talked about how they heard Tom's car on the engine at around 4.
On Monday, December 5, at 30 AM in Chelmsford, Essex.
Alarm at 10. 30am.
It is believed that the cold weather also brought together smoke.
Ford assisted Essex police in testing and analyzing Tom's model of car and factory problems.
This is when the level of danger of toxic gas emissions is discovered.
Coroner Caroline Beasley declared the death of two people in Chelmsford's Coroner's Court. Murray. She read post-
The autopsy reported that each of them died from inhaling exhaust gas, including carbon monoxide.
After her summary, she said: "What a tragic accident. She (Nikki)
It is clear that she is in front of a young lady with a bright future.
Another tragic accident. Tom’s death).
He is a young man with a bright future.
"I hope these families can remember those wonderful memories.
It is believed that the couple met for dinner in Nepal after work on Sunday, December 4, when they drove in Chelmsford and stopped outside her home.
Tom drove from his home in Leigh. on-
Sea, then brought Nikki back to her address in Chelmsford, where they were later found dead.
I don't know how long they have been in the car.
Vomit was found outside the vehicle on the driver's side and in front of Nikki's house.
The police were unable to track how this would get there and whether the two left the car and then returned later.
Speaking outside court on behalf of the family and Essex Police, Detective Kirby added: "This is a tragic accident that resulted in the death of Nikki and Tom.
Tom has no experience.
He has been an apprentice at Ford for more than a year and has worked in his car before.
We would like to encourage people to consider whether the changes are worth the potential consequences.
"At this stage, neither Tom nor Nikki's family made a public statement.
Both are said to want to work with police to warn people of the dangers of car modifications.
Putt's Facebook profile shows he was an apprentice at Ford Motor Company.
He is considered a member of Essex.
Car and bike enthusiasts based at the British Club SleeperCrew pay tribute to him on Facebook.