german tourists may have been dead at trephina gorge before alarm was raised, inquest told - the best car alarm

by:Kingcobra     2019-11-07
german tourists may have been dead at trephina gorge before alarm was raised, inquest told  -  the best car alarm
An investigation into the deaths of two German tourists while hiking in central Australia has heard that it was not until more than 24 hours after they disappeared that people mistakenly thought they were camping overnight
Wilfried Thor, 76, and Gisela Tor, 73, left their accommodation in Alice Springs at six o'clock A. M. on February 10 for the East MacDonald mountains.
The couple developed a detailed itinerary describing their plans to visit Emily GAPP and Jesse GAPP before heading to the trefina Canyon, 100 east of Alice Springshour hike.
The journey was only a few hundred metres away and they missed the arrow that symbolizes the track, strolled through the trail and walked out of the National Park.
Their bodies were found a few days later.
The border fence, which marks the edge of the park, is mainly used to prevent livestock from entering the area, which was just washed away in the flood two weeks ago.
Park ranger David Wilkinson said in the investigation that the fence will be repaired on February 13
Three days after the couple started getting sickfated hike.
Mr. Wilkinson said he saw the couple's car arrive while spraying weeds on the morning of February 10.
The next day, he was preparing to drive to Alice Springs with his family before noon, and two tourists approached him and told him that they noticed that the same car had been parked there since the day before.
The investigation heard that Mr. Wilkinson thought that the person in the car had decided to complete a longer hike and go to another camp for the night, but he told the tourist that he would check the car when he came back that night.
At five o'clock P. M. , when he found out that the car was still parked there, he tried to contact his supervisor and went on track on a quad bike.
In his investigation, Mr. Wilkinson said that he found that their footprints were beyond the boundary fence, but after dark, he decided to return after traveling 3 kilometres under the river bed.
After returning to the ranger station, he called the police, but pathological results showed that the couple might have died when the alarm sounded.
"I don't know the couple. I don't know their relationship," said Sergeant Emmet . " He coordinated the search for the couple.
Mr. Raytheon was found about 10 kilometers from the parking lot where the couple first set off, while Mrs. Raytheon was found only 2.
5 kilometers from the starting point.
Footprints found by investigators indicate that the couple traveled along the river bank while they were separated.
It is believed that Mr. Raytheon has turned to look for his wife, who is heading to the bank and is found in a higher place.
For the couple's children Michaela and Matthias, how and why their parents are separated may still not be resolved.
"This is one of the questions we have no answer [for]
Said Micera Thor.
"The best explanation for me is that my mom may have lost her way and can't get out of the river.
"She must be very dehydrated.
I don't know if she can think clearly when she leaves the river.
"The investigation heard that Mrs. Tolle usually relied on her husband to navigate and that their children did not think that their decision to break up was intentional.
"You can see from the footprints they spend most of their time together," says Michaela Thor . ".
"I can imagine.
"The helicopter search for the area finally found the two bodies.
On February 14, police officer Emily Reynolds was the first person to deal with Mrs. Thor's body --
Four days after their journey
On the dense grass near the fire.
She told investigators that Mrs. Tolle was under the Bush and that there were 600 ml water bottles next to her.
"It looks like she's sitting on the ground all the time and falling down," said Officer Reynolds . ". "[It was]
Like she fell asleep.
"Constable Reynolds told the court that she was trying to take a live photo of Mrs. Thor being found, but her phone was turned off due to extreme heat during the day.
Police believe the couple had been dead for several days when their bodies were found.
On Wednesday morning, the couple's child took the coroner to the trefina Canyon to see where investigators thought the Thor couple had left the track for the first time and left the National Park.
The return to the canyon is a "difficult experience", says Micera Thor, but the survey visit is important to her.
"Feel what they might feel and see how they walk," she said . ". "And [to]
Try to understand what they might do and think.
Matthias Thor said in the investigation that while he wanted to subsequently improve the signage throughout the park to prevent similar tragedies, he also hopes to extend the mobile GPS app to hikers visiting the area.
"Now everything is clearly marked out, much better than before, so it really improves," he said . ".
"These apps are easy to use and are available for free ,[and]
You may get lost in unlikely situations, just open it and go back to the parking lot or road along the arrow.
He thanked the central Australian community for their support to him after his parents died, saying it proved "people really care about this ".
The investigation ends today and the coroner is expected to report his findings before Christmas.
Topic: Communityand-
Society, death, courtand-trials,law-crime-and-
Alice, nt, judge. springs-0870,darwin-
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...